Sunday, May 3, 2009

In the "Land of Fun"









DAY 1 :
Thanks to my Uncle, am in the "Land of Fun", Bangkok. A beautiful place, receptive people all around. I was impressed with the place once I had a bird's view of the place from the flight, secondly got impressed at the Airport. 

Had my depressing moments when I never understood what the Immigration officer was asking me and I was just answering him that I was a student and I come from Singapore with an Indian passport. He let me off knowing he would never get the answer from me. Then met my little sister and my uncle. Was waiting to see my father though but saw him after I reached home.

DAY 2 : 
Very tired after travelling for 2 hours from Singapore. lol, Bangkok has lived to my expectations so far. A country where there has been unrest off late but doesn't seem though. People here are indeed very happy and they seem to be leading a very comfortable life. 

Was browsing the whole day and then in the evening had to accompany my father and little sister to the "City of fun". I really had fun roaming, was walking the whole evening. I should admit this, people here give damn importance to their culture unlike the place where I study in(Singapore). People here are damn good and extrememly receptive. I learnt a phrase here in Thailand which is used whenever a person wishes or greets you "Savaadi Krub" and my father was using this the whole evening! Everybody here uses this! Damn, it irritates you at times but thats the way it goes.

Shopping was no different. My first and best buy for the evening was a Tee-shirt which my sister bought for me, was a good looking one. Thanks lil sister! To shop here in Bangkok is extremely funny and thrilling. You get everyhting here. A-Z. There were even elephants on the streets trying to attract tourists with its tricks!






No comments: